- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti (or other pasta)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or canola oil)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli (or zucchini)
- 1 1/2 cups tomato-based pasta sauce
- 1 can tuna, drained (5 ounces)
- salt (to taste, optional)
- pepper (to taste, optional)
- 2 Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Cook spaghetti according to package, drain.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet or pan over medium heat. Add onion and broccoli (or zucchini). Cook until softened.
3. Stir in tomato-based pasta sauce. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Add drained tuna into the sauce mixture. Stir just enough to heat the tuns.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste (optional). Add cooked spaghetti to the sauce. Stir the pasta and sauce mixture until mixed together uniformly.
6. Optional: Add 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese to cooked mixture of pasta and sauce.
7. Serve hot.
Optional: Add 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese to cooked mixture of pasta and sauce.
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis. Eating Smart Being Active Recipes.