Try this soup on a cold evening as a start to your meal. Enjoy this soup with a side of salad, fruit, and whole grain bread.
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 1/3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons onion (chopped)
- 2/3 cup non-fat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup celery (chopped)
- black pepper (to taste)
1. Peel and chop the onion.
2. Chop the celery into small pieces.
3. Put the celery and onion in a saucepan.
4. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth (save the other cup of chicken broth for later.)
5. Cook these ingredients on low heat. Let the broth simmer for 2-3 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, mix the dry milk, flour, and pepper. Add them into the 1 cup of chicken broth that hasn't been cooked yet. Beat till smooth.
7. Add this mix to the celery, onion, and broth.
8. Cook over medium heat till the soup thickens.
University of Connecticut, Family Nutrition Program, Senior Nutrition Awareness Project (SNAP)