Squash baked in the oven and then seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg give this dish a taste of fall.
- 2 acorn squash
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Put each squash in the microwave. Heat for 1 1/2 minutes on high. This will soften the squash, and make it easier to cut.
2. Cut each squash in half. Remove the seeds and loosen fibers in the middle.
3. Place the squash on an ungreased baking pan. The cut side of the squash should be face-up, and the uncut part of the squash should touch the pan.
4. Pour 2 tablespoons of juice into each half of the squash. Spread it evenly on the inside of each squash.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes, until tender.
6. Season with cinnamon and nutmeg, and serve.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network