There are microwave and oven directions for this recipe, so that you can make this meal in a way that is quick and convenient for you and your family. Enjoy with a fresh green salad or steamed spinach on the side.
- 1 pound ground turkey (85% lean)
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, part-skim
- 1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup onion (minced)
1. Lightly grease 9 inch pie plate with vegetable oil. Pat turkey into pie plate.
2. Cover turkey with waxed paper. Cook in microwave on high; rotate plate 1/4 turn after 3 minutes. Cook until turkey reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees, about 5 more minutes. Drain excess liquid.
Place turkey in 350 degree oven; bake until turkey reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees, about 30-35 minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
3. Top cooked turkey with vegetables, spaghetti sauce and cheese.
4. Return turkey to either the microwave or oven and heat until cheese is melted, about 1-2 minutes.
Ohio State University Cooperative Extension