Looking for a healthy snack for game day? This Layered Black Bean Dip is colorful, wholesome and tasty. Kids in the kitchen can help with the mashing, mixing, and layering. Paired with veggie sticks or baked whole wheat tortilla chips, this is recipe is a winner!
- 1 can black beans (15 ounce, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa (thick and chunky)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (light)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, reduced fat (grated)
1. Mash beans and mix with onion powder, dried oregano, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Spread on a serving dish.
2. Top with salsa, sour cream, green onions and grated cheese.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County, Good Food Cookbook