Make your own granola bars at home. This recipe combines raisins, carrots, oats, and honey for a healthy snack or breakfast on-the-go.
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup carrot (grated)
- 1/2 cup coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and grate the carrots.
3. Put the honey and peanut butter in a large saucepan. Cook on low heat until they melt.
4. Remove the pan from the heat. Turn off the burner.
5. Add oatmeal, raisins, carrots, and coconut to the saucepan. Stir well, and let it cool until you can safely touch it with your hands.
6. Put the mix into a 9"x13" baking pan.
7. Press the mix firmly into the bottom of the pan.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
9. Cut into 24 bars.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network