Italian seasoning and garlic powder bring a punch of flavor to this delicious and easy vegetable soup. Serve it with a whole wheat roll for a satisfying lunch or quick dinner.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1/2 garlic clove, minced)
- 3 cups broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
- 1 cup chopped green cabbage
- 1 can green beans, undrained (14 ounces)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (14 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 zucchini, chopped
1. In a large saucepan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, saute the carrots, onion, and garlic over low heat about 5 minutes.
2. Add broth, cabbage, green beans, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil.
3. Cover, lower heat. Simmer about 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
4. Stir in zucchini and heat for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
5. Refrigerate leftovers.
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis.
Eating Smart Being Active Recipes.