Serve this fruit slush as a drink or a dessert, and keep leftovers in the fridge for later. Pour it over fresh ice when you are ready to eat.
- 2 2/3 cups cantaloupe or watermelon (coarsely chopped, seeded, peeled)
- kiwi (1 2/3 cup coarsely chopped, optional)
- sugar (2 tablespoons, optional)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups water
1. In a blender, puree fruit with sugar and lime juice until smooth.
2. Combine fruit mixture and water in a large pitcher.
3. If desired, pour through a strainer to eliminate pulp.
4. Cover and refrigerate for up to a week.
5. To serve, stir well and pour into tall glasses over ice.
Watermelon Cooler, Food Hero, Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service.