Short on time? Fill cored apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, and raisins and bake the dish in the microwave for a quick and easy dessert.
- 1 apple (medium, skinned and cored (not cut into pieces))
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (1 Tablespoon, packed)
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter alternative spread (0 trans-fat, or butter)
1. Place apple on plate with opening facing up (cored apples should have bottom intact).
2. Stir sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a separate cup, and sprinkle into and onto apple.
3. Sprinkle raisins on and around apple.
4. Drop butter alternative spread onto apple and cover with plastic wrap or wax paper.
5. Microwave on HIGH for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes.
6. Let sit outside of microwave for at least 30 seconds before eating. It will be HOT.
Fruit is naturally sweet so try making this without sugar.
CSAAC (Community Services for Autistic Adults and Children)