Lime, garlic, and fresh vegetables give this black bean and corn salsa a kick of flavor.
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh cooked or frozen)
- 1 can black beans (15 ounce, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup tomatoes (fresh diced)
- 1/2 cup onion (yellow or red) (diced)
- 1/2 cup green pepper (diced)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Chill until serving time.
2. Drain before serving.
3. Serve with low-fat baked tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.
This salsa uses fresh vegetables that are available year-round and add flavor and beautiful color. Kids and grown-ups alike can't resist how good it tastes. If you have a hand-held chopper, this is an easy task for kids in helping with the recipe.
Safety Tip: If cutting the corn off the cob, adult supervision is a good idea.
Kansas Family Nutrition Program, Kids a Cookin’