What should you do with over-ripe bananas? Don't toss them! Freeze them and then throw them in the blender to make this delicious and creamy frozen dessert.
- 2 1/2 bananas (can use 2-3 bananas)
- 3 tablespoons 1% milk
- chocolate syrup (optional)
1. When bananas have become very ripe, peel and slice them into medium size round pieces. Place on a plastic wrap covered baking sheet and put in freezer overnight.
2. Place frozen bananas in a food processor or blender with a small splash of milk (not over 1/4 cup total).
3. Pulse food processor or blender until bananas begin to break up. They will be tiny balls of bananas at this point.
4. Using a spoon or rubber spatula, scrape down the banana mixture. Continue running the food processor until the mixture is smooth and creamy. This may take a few minutes. The ice cream will look and tasted like soft serve ice cream when finished.
5. Serve in an ice cream cone or in a small bowl with a small ribbon of chocolate syrup on top (optional).
Learn more about bananas.