Make these appetizers for your next get-together. If you don't have a cookie cutter, just cut the tortilla into triangles. Add your favorite veggies to the filling.
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, low-fat
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped vegetables (recommended: broccoli, carrots, red pepper, green onion)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut out multiple shapes from 1 whole wheat tortilla using cookie cutters.
3. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Place cut out tortilla shapes onto cookie sheet.
5. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. While tortillas are baking, mix low-fat cream cheese with garlic powder. Set aside.
7. Wash and chop mixed vegetables.
8. Once tortilla cut outs are finished baking, let cool.
9. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto each cut out shape and decorate with mixed vegetables.
Ohio State University. Family Nutrition Program.