Lighten up traditional cole slaw with yogurt and a splash of juice. Raisins and nuts add some sweetness and crunch.
- 1/4 head of cabbage (green)
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup yogurt, low-fat vanilla
- 1/16 cup orange juice (1 Tablespoon)
1. Slice and cut cabbage into thin strips. Place pieces in large mixing bowl.
2. Peel and grate carrots. Add to mixing bowl.
3. Measure raisins and peanuts. Add to mixing bowl.
4. Mix all ingredients together.
5. Combine yogurt and orange juice in small bowl.
6. Add yogurt mixture to cabbage mixture, stirring to combine ingredients thoroughly.
- Combine 1/8 head each red and green cabbage.
- Add 2 tablespoons mini-marshmallows.
- Try a different flavor yogurt and juice.
Cornell Cooperative Extension, Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cooking Up Fun - A Pyramid of Snacks