Lemon pepper and chopped onion make this a zesty dip that you can use with vegetables or other foods.
- 1 can garbanzo beans (15 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- lemon pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
1. Drain and rinse the beans and mash in a small bowl with a fork or potato masher until most of the beans have been crushed. If you have a food processor, you can use it for this step.
2. Stir in oil and onion along with lemon pepper and salt to taste. The mixture will be chunky, not smooth.
Suggest serving with vegetables like carrots, pea pods, and celery.
Learn more about onions.
Lemony Garbanzo Bean Dip, Food Hero, Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service