You don’t have to use salt in this macaroni, tomato, and beef dish seasoned with the Eating Smart Seasoning Mix.
- 3/4 pound ground beef, 85% lean
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup macaroni, uncooked
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained (15 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, mild
- 8 servings Eating Smart Seasoning Mix (1/2 cup)
- salt (optional, to taste)
1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet, drain the fat.
2. Add water, macaroni, tomatoes, chili powder, and seasoning mix. Stir.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer covered on low heat for 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
4. Taste; add a small amount of salt if needed.
5. Refrigerate leftovers.
Learn more about tomatoes.
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis. Eating Smart Being Active Recipes.