Add fresh vegetables and seasonings to leftover chicken that has been properly handled and rice for a quick and delicious salad.
- 4 cups lettuce
- 2 cups brown rice (cooked)
- 2 cups chicken breast, skinless roasted
- 1 tomato (cored and diced)
- 1 green pepper (cored and diced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (flavored)
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Italian herb mix and black pepper to taste (optional)
1. Toss all ingredients together in a large salad bowl.
2. Use personal taste preferences to determine the amounts of seasonings.
3. Serve immediately. This salad looks great when served on a large plate with a few of the seasonings sprinkled on top.
Food and Health Communications, Inc., Cooking Demo II