Bright layers of spaghetti sauce, cheese, and macaroni cook together for one hour in the oven to make a hot meal.
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce, meatless, low-sodium (24-ounce jar)
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 ounces cottage cheese, fat-free
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup macaroni, dry
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (part skim, shredded)
1. In a bowl combine sauce and water.
2. In another bowl combine cottage cheese, egg and oregano.
3. Grease 1 quart casserole.
4. Spoon in 1/3 sauce.
5. Top with 1 cup macaroni, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce.
6. Repeat layers.
7. Cover with aluminum foil.
8. Bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
9. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.