Make your own "banana cream" with yogurt, banana, and fruit juice, then top fresh sliced strawberries for a delicious dessert or snack. Add honey and cinnamon for extra flavor.
- 1/3 cup yogurt, low-fat plain
- 1/2 banana (ripe)
- 1/2 us fluid ounce fruit juice (orange works well)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (dash)
1. Combine yogurt, banana, and juice and mash with a fork until most chunks are gone.
2. Wash and slice berries.
3. Top the berries with the yogurt banana mixture.
4. Top with honey and cinnamon.
Iowa Department of Public Health. Iowa Nutrition Network.