The tomatoes in this dish provide extra vitamin C and B vitamins, while the Eating Smart Seasoning Mix gives you the option of adding flavor without adding additional salt.
- 3/4 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup macaroni, uncooked
- 1 can diced tomatoes, canned, undrained
- 7 Servings Eating Smart Seasoning Mix (1/2 cup or 8 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- salt (optional, to taste)
1) Brown ground beef in a large skillet, drain the fat.
2) Add water, macaroni, tomatoes, and seasoning mix, Stir.
3) Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
4) Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup grated cheese.
5) Taste; then add a small amount of salt if needed.
6) Refrigerate leftovers
- Swiss cheese used in nutrition analysis and costing.
Learn more about tomatoes.
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis. Eating Smart Being Active Recipes.