The Eating Smart Seasoning Mix helps make this a quick and flavorful dinner of beef and potatoes. Try sweet potatoes or other types for increased variety.
- 1 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 tablespoons Eating Smart Seasoning Mix (3/4 cup)
- salt (to taste, optional)
1. Wash and peel the potatoes.
2. Collect, slice, and measure all ingredients before starting to prepare the recipe.
3. Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain the fat.
4. Add water, potatoes, and seasoning mix. Stir to combine with the beef.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
6. Uncover and cook until excess water is evaporated.
7. Taste; then add a small amount of salt, if needed.
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours. Eat within 3 to 5 days.
Be creative! Add chopped, cooked vegetables or frozen vegetables such as onion, carrots, peas, green beans, or corn after simmering.
Learn more about:
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis. Eating Smart Being Active Recipes.