Making this side dish is a simple way to add leafy greens to your meal.
- 3 cups collards, washed and cut
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
1. Wash and cut 5 large collard leaves, removing the thick stems.
2. Place greens in a pot with about 1 inch of water, cover with a lid, and bring to a boil.
3. After water boils, reduce to low heat and steam for about 3-5 minutes.
4. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Learn more about collard greens.
University of Maryland Extension. Food Supplement Nutrition Education Program.