This parmesan-crusted fish is topped with mushrooms, green onions, and garlic. It's the perfect heart-healthy meal to cook for a loved one.
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, non-fat (grated)
- 1/3 tablespoon flour, all-purpose (1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon thyme sprigs (leaves removed and crushed)
- 4 fish fillets (white fish, 6 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 cup halved mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup green onions (finely sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cheese, flour and thyme in paper bag.
2. Individually coat fish by gently shaking in bag; discard coating ingredients.
3. Place fillets in baking pan on rack. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
4. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, green onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are tender. Season with ground black pepper.
5. Serve baked fish topped with mushroom mixture.
ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education