This tomato-based Creole sauce includes onion, green pepper, and spices to liven up the fish of your choice.
- 1 pound fish fillets (fresh or frozen, unbreaded)
- 1/2 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 green pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounce)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- salt (1/4 teaspoon, optional)
1) Thaw fish in refrigerator overnight.
2) Preheat oven to 375°F.
3) Arrange fish in a single layer in baking dish.
4) Top fish with onion and pepper slices.
5) In a separate bowl, mix tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
6) Pour tomato sauce mixture over fish and vegetables.
7) Cover dish and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork (20-30 minutes).
8) Refrigerate leftovers.
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis. Eating Smart Being Active Recipes.