Chunks of juicy apples fill this cake and fresh apples decorate the top.
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups apple (diced, chunks)
- 1/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 2 cups apple (sliced, to place on cake)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, oil and eggs together. Beat well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Add to egg batter and mix well.
4. Add apple chunks and applesauce to the batter. Stir to combine.
5. Coat a baking pan with vegetable oil spray, and pour in batter. Bake until done, about 1 hour.
6. Place apple slices on top of apple cake and serve.
Learn more about apples.
San Francisco Department of Public Health, Chinatown Public Health Center.
Healthy & Delicious--Simple Ways to Low Fat Chinese Cooking