Created for junior chefs, this simple and delicious recipe skewers just three ingredients -- omega-3-rich salmon, cherry tomatoes and pineapple -- for a quick dinner served over whole grain brown rice.
- 1 pound Salmon
- 3 Cherry tomatoes (2 ounces)
- 1 cup Pineapple (cubed)
- 2 cups Cooked brown rice
- 1 Lemon, raw
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, and paprika (to taste)
- 8 Skewers
1. Cook rice according to package instructions and set aside.
2. Clean fish and pat dry.
3. Cut salmon into 24-1/2 inch cubes and coat all sides with topping of kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, paprika or any desired spice.
4. Cut fruit into cubes and cut tomatoes in half. Set aside.
5. Slide piece of salmon onto skewer, then tomato, then fruit. Repeat 3 times on each skewer (or until skewer is full).
6. Heat 1/2 cup of canola oil in large skillet over medium-high heat for one minute.
7. Place skewers in pan and turn every 2 minutes a side. Squeeze lemon on skewers as they are cooking.
8. To serve, place 1/2 cup rice on plates and with 2 skewers on top. Squeeze a hint of lemon, if desired.
- Salmon skewers can be made in the oven or on the grill.
- Covering them while on the stove will steam them rather than sear them.
Seafood Nutrition Partnership