This frittata with its blend of colorful vegetables and fresh eggs makes a deliciously nutritious single-dish meal for breakfast, brunch, or supper.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium unpeeled red potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups Italian kale, or other kale variety
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
1. Beat eggs, pepper, and salt in large bowl, set aside.
2. Microwave potatoes until slightly soft, but not completely cooked, then cube. (Alternate method without microwave: cube potatoes and boil 5 minutes until slightly soft, drain)
3. Chop remaining vegetables while potatoes cool. Mix vegetables together.
4. Heat oil in a 10-inch non -stick skillet. Sauté vegetables for 5-8 minutes; add to eggs and mix well.
5. Pour egg-vegetable mixture into the same skillet. Cook over low to medium heat until eggs are almost set, about 8-10 minutes.
6. Cover and let sit until eggs are completely set, about 5 minutes. Egg dishes should be cooked to 160ºF.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with 8-oz glass of fat-free (skim) milk and 1/2 sliced orange.