This flavorful recipe gets its unique, trendy flavor from convenient, canned coconut milk and curry paste. The low-sodium chicken broth helps keep the sodium down -- and the flavor up.
- 1 1/2 pounds fish fillets (flounder salmon or other mild fish)
- coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can sliced potatoes (drained)
- 1 can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup canned, light coconut milk
- 2/3 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
1. Season fish fillets with pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet and brown fish on both sides.
3. Add potatoes, broth and garlic to the skillet.
4. Simmer until the fish flakes with gentle pressure and internal temperature registers 145°F on a food thermometer, about 5 minutes.
5. Transfer fish and potatoes to a warm platter.
6. Over high heat, reduce liquid in the pan by about half.
7. Stir in coconut milk and curry paste.
8. Simmer until lightly thickened.
9. Stir in parsley and pour over fish and potatoes.
Use whatever type of fish are on sale or at best price. Check prices of frozen fish fillets.