Savory chicken and mushrooms balanced with the sweetness of raisins and red bell peppers will make this curried one-pan recipe a family favorite.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil (extra virgin or virgin)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 12 oz, diced into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 cups sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper (cut into 3/4" squares)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups instant whole-grain rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
1. Heat olive oil in large sauté pan.
2. With heat on medium-high, place chicken in pan and cover with lid.
3. Cook chicken about 5 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and peppers to pan and sauté 3-4 minutes.
5. Add chicken broth.
6. Gently mix in raisins, rice, and curry powder; bring to boil, reduce heat and cover.
7. Simmer until rice is done; fluff with fork and let sit 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Suggestions: Add a side salad with light dressing and an 8 oz glass of fat-free milk.
- Time Saving Ideas: Purchase sliced mushrooms, fresh or frozen bell pepper strips, and pre-cooked, diced chicken.
Produce For Better Health Foundation