This blend of tofu and cooked rice combines corn, peas, carrots and seasonings pressed into a skillet and cooked into "crispy" goodness.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 cups prepared rice
- 1 pound tofu
- 1 cup frozen corn (unthawed)
- 1 cup frozen peas (unthawed)
- 6 scallions (sliced including white and green parts)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. To make the rice, cook rice according to the directions on the package. Set aside to cool and dry out.
2. Put the tofu, corn, scallions, carrot, basil and salt in the bowl and mix well.
3. When the rice has fully cooled, add it to the bowl with the tofu and mix well.
4. Put the skillet over medium high heat and when it is hot, add the oil.
5. Add the rice and tofu mixture; reduce heat to low and press down the rice mixture with a spatula. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Press down again to help form a crust. Flip portions of the rice so that you get chunks of crispy rice. Cook until crispy, up to 20 minutes.