Try this quick and easy breakfast mix, made in the microwave. Scoop portions into small bags and serve with yogurt and a banana for a nutritious, on-the-go breakfast!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup margarine, tub-style
- 1 1/2 cups square, whole-grain corn cereal
- 1 1/2 cups square, whole-grain rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups square, whole-grain wheat cereal
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds, or until melted.
- Stir in cereals until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture evenly over cereals; stir. Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture; stir.
- Microwave uncovered 1 minute.
- Stir in raisins or dried cranberries. Spread on paper towels to cool.
The "Grain Chain," a group of MyPlate National Strategic Partners committed to promoting and supporting grains, offers a series of recipes featuring whole grains. Members include American Bakers Association, Wheat Food Council, Grains Food Foundation, National Pasta Association, USA Rice Federation, General Mills, and Kellogg's.