Your MyPlate Plan:
Below are the daily recommended amounts for each food group.
Click on the food group buttons to learn more and get started.
1 cup from the Fruit Group counts as:
- 1 cup raw, frozen, or cooked/canned fruit; or
- ½ cup dried fruit; or
- 1 cup 100% fruit juice
1 cup from the Vegetable Group counts as:
- 1 cup raw or cooked/canned vegetables; or
- 2 cups leafy salad greens; or
- 1 cup 100% vegetable juice
1 ounce from the Grains Group counts as:
- 1 slice bread; or
- 1 ounce ready-to-eat cereal; or
- ½ cup cooked rice, pasta, or cereal
1 ounce from the Protein Foods Group counts as:
- 1 ounce cooked/canned lean meats, poultry, or seafood; or
- 1 egg; or
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter; or
- ¼ cup cooked beans or peas; or
- ½ ounce nuts or seeds
1 cup from the Dairy Group counts as:
- 1 cup milk; or
- 1 cup yogurt; or
- 1 cup fortified soy beverage; or
- 1½ ounces natural cheese or 2 ounces processed cheese
|Ready to put your plan into action?
Use the resources in the Action Guide to reach your goals!
Talk with your health care provider about an eating pattern and physical activity program that is right for you.